Home Forums Module 2 – Accessible Tourism and Its Potential Topic 1 of Module 2: a lot of new subjects to dive into!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dear friends of DIVETOUR cMOOC! With this new Module 2 – Topic 1 we are explaining why accessibility is not only a right for all people, tourists and workers, but is also a business opportunity for tourism suppliers and destinations! In the Handbook you will read how you can get training on accessibility, a brief history of the accessible tourism movement and how the EU and world institutions have recognized its importance. You will get more insights on Universal Design and its applications (also in the digital world). We will address the famous ROI (return of investment), to show that the improvements and profits of businesses and communities far exceed the expenses.Last but not least we will talk about how an inclusive working environment enables people with disabilities to work and reach independence and autonomy. Check also our recommended reference, there are both documents and fun or touchy videos we selected for you. Have fun and please comment here in the forum on what you are learning/reading/watching! Have a great DIVETOUR week!

Carolina
    Participant

Hi all, starting now with Module 2, it just made me think about a restaurant I know in Barcelona and that I want to share with you. By working to train and insert locals with difficulty accessing employment.
    It´s inside the Maritime Museum of Barcelona, in a wonderful gothic building. If you ever come to Barcelona or if you want to read a little bit more that´s their website https://www.mmb.cat/en/visit/discover/restaurant-store/

Angela Mele
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Carolina, very interesting project.
    I can also share a few examples of wonderful projects here in Italy:
    one is called Ostello delle Ginestre in Cantalupo in Sabina (50 min from Rome), it is run by an association of families that have children with autism.
    Initially they were looking for a place where they could spend the vacations with their families (as unfortunately theywere poorly welcomed on a few occasions) but then decided to open this small B&B/Hostel to the public. This is going so well that in March they will be launching an “Osteria” a small restaurant.
    Angela

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Login
Forgot Password
Enter your email address or username and we’ll send you instructions to reset your password.
Skip to content

On this website we use first or third-party tools that store small files cookie on your device.
Only technical cookies are active, which are used to allow the site to function correctly.